Moving out is something that will happen to you at any point in your life. Whether you are moving for the first time or have some experience, it is always necessary to consider various situations and things you need to get fully prepared for. We have put together the ultimate checklist to be prepared 4 weeks before moving out.
Since you have only 1 month to move out, you will need to look for the packing tape and all the boxes you will need this week. This is the part where you need to put all your documents in order.
- You need to get and fill out a change-of-address form with the U.S Post Office.
- Make changes of address in all your businesses and services accounts.
- If you are currently an employee, request time off before the days of your move so that you can schedule on time, and if there are pending tasks, you can reassign them to another workmate.
- Confirm details and issuance coverage with your moving company.
You have already taken care of the basics. Now it is time to take care of subscriptions, sentimental items, and valuables.
- You need to cancel all the newspaper home delivery, and then set up delivery in your new location.
- Gather your jewelry, make sure to keep any special items separate from moving boxes so that you can transport them via trackable shipping service.
Ok, don’t freak out! Just pretend that you are going on vacation, an extended vacation, packing your belongings, going to the bank, and making sure you have your medical prescriptions.
- You can start by packing little by little, so you don’t leave everything at the last minute.
- You can gather any warranties, recommendations, and contact information for the new homeowners of your house in case they have questions.
- Make sure to defrost your freezers, if any, and get a professional to disconnect gas lines on appliances.
- Make sure to have the cash to tip movers and have enough money on hand if any unexpected situation or expenses arise.
Hire a dumpster rental service company so you can put together all the junk that you will be accruing during these days before your move out.
The time has come. You are just one week away from moving out. That means that the important things need to be done before you arrive at your new sweet home.
- Something very important to know is that utilities need to be turned off in your current house one day after the move-out date. The same as the utilities in your new home must be turned on one day before your arrival.
- Ensure to dispose of all flammable items that you won’t be able to transport, like paint and chemicals.
- Confirm details with the moving company you chose, including the move-out date, phone numbers, etc.
- Make sure you hire a cleaning company to ensure you leave the house clear for the new occupants.
- If the waste you’ve gathered is too much to handle, you might want to consider renting a dumpster from a dumpster rental company.
- The most important thing you need to remember is to celebrate your house’s memories and get ready for the new stage in your life!
Birmingham Alabama - Residential Dumpster Rentals
If you are moving out and have junk to dispose of, make sure you call the best residential dumpster rental company to properly get the job done. Red Dog Dumpsters (Birmingham) offers residential dumpster rental and residential junk removal services in Birmingham, AL, to help you out in this stage of your life.